Rosslyn Farms Borough
Street Opening Guidelines
Please be sure to follow these guidelines before proceeding with any street opening in Rosslyn Farms Borough.
- All street opening repairs must conform to the requirements listed on the Application for a Street Excavation/Opening. A completed application must be submitted prior to any work beginning. Click here to download a copy of the Application for a Street Excavation/Opening (Adobe Reader required).
- The opening must be inspected prior to backfill by the Borough of Rosslyn Farms' Road Department. Call 412-279-8108 to schedule.
- A street opening bond may be required at the building official's discretion.
- Street opening permit fees are as follows: $40 base fee, plus:
- Other fees as follows:
- Twenty cents (20¢) per linear foot for excavation in excess of 50 feet in length.
- Site inspection fees:
Minimum deposit - $50. Based on hourly rates as established in Schedule A fee schedule set by resolution for Ordinance #343.
Resolution 10-04: Gateway Engineers fees for inspection, etc.: $89/hour.
Borough Fees: $26.84 regular rate and $40.26 overtime rate.
- Penalty for excavation of new streets shall be 2% of the cost of restoring the excavation for each unelapsed month or fraction thereof of a five-year restriction period.
- All other fees, insurance, or requirements as established in Ordinance #343 or by resolution.
Click here to download a Rosslyn Farms Application for a Street Excavation/Opening.
For more information or questions about street excavation or openings, please contact the Rosslyn Farms Road Department at 412-279-8108.